GCCC REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL: ACCOUNTING SERVICES
March 18, 2021
The Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce is committed to Growing Business Beyond. The activities of the Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce work to promote Southern New Jersey as an economic catalyst of the tri-state region and to develop and sustain a strong business community so that our members can focus on what they do best – business.
At the Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce, we have dedicated ourselves to creating an environment of inclusion that helps our members develop relationships to grow their businesses. From business initiatives to education and workforce, we provide a centralized forum designed for your needs. The Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce is your one-stop resource for business development, training, education, workforce development, and affordable advertising.
The Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce invites you to submit a proposal for contracted bookkeeping and accounting services. Knowledge of ChamberMaster is preferred. At this time, we anticipate an initial 12-month engagement with option to renew annually.
The Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce is not liable for any costs incurred in the preparation of proposals.
Scope of Work
o Record cash receipts for new members and renewals
o Enter invoices for events and sponsorships
o Record cash disbursements
o Bill entry
o Prepare AP report for payment approval
o Bill payment
o Allocate payroll (bi-weekly)
o Track income & expenses by GL
o Prepare weekly summary of new invoicing and weekly deposits
o 30-minute weekly meeting with chamber director to review activities
o End of month reconciliation (bank, credit card, loans)
o End of month close
o Prepare Monthly Financial Statements
o Attend Finance Committee meetings as needed
o Attend Board Meetings as needed
o Prepare 990
o Assist with annual budget preparation
Kindly include the following information in the proposal:
• General information on firm including member(s) of staff expected to be working with the Organization – One primary contact preferred with secondary person available.
• Detail of proposed costs covering the Scope of Work, fixed monthly costs preferred for routine work.
• Other value-added services offered by the firm.
• Hourly rates for the firm’s employees should additional services be requested outside of the scope of this proposal.
• References of current non-profit clients for whom the firm has provided similar accounting services.
• Proposing firms are asked to identify any conflicts of interest in serving the Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce. If applicable, please clarify how the conflicts will be managed/mitigated to ensure the best interest of the Organization are met.
Should you determine that additional services would be beneficial, please include these additional services in your response and any related costs should the Organization wish to use this service.
Any questions concerning this proposal must be directed in writing, no later than April 9, 2021, to Timothy Guim, Treasurer: email@example.com. Please submit your response to this request for proposal in PDF format via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 7, 2021.